Today’s Unique Find is….
Uses for Wooden Pallets (Part 1)
For the Kitchen:
from unstitched blog
from apartment therapy
from milkmagazine. net
For the bedroom:
from lori danielle
For DIY tutorial for toddler pallet bed..click herefrom creaturecomforts
1. When my husband gets into a new hobby, he puts his 100% effort into researching about every aspect of it.
2. He’s really looking forward to our Napa trip this weekend.
3. Guys really need “guy time” just like girls need “girl time.”
4. He forgets to put his wedding ring back on after the shower.
5. I love when he leads prayer before we go to sleep. It isn’t very often, but it makes my heart melt when he does.
At Mass on Sunday, the priest challenged us to do this reflection activity…so I thought it would be a great idea. He asked 2 vital questions: What are the priorities that rule over your life? Who or what are the “lords” of your life?
Here’s what I did:
1) On a blank sheet of paper, draw a big circle in the middle.
2) On the inside of the circle, write EVERYTHING that takes up the majority of your time (Examples: work, watching TV, facebook, etc.)
3) On the outside of the circle, write about the times you recognize God in your everyday. (Examples: praying, going to church, helping/comforting a friend, etc.)
4) Once you’ve done that, reflect.
Reflect about how much time you spend on things that are unnecessary. Do you spend too much time watching TV, on facebook, playing on your iPhone and not enough time recognizing where God is speaking to you? I know for me…I spend a lot of time surfing the web. It can be very distracting and almost addicting at times. My husband gets mad at me because some days when he leaves work and returns from work, I’m still on my computer. Also, lately I’ve been forgetting to pray before I eat and before I go to bed, which was always a norm for me. Getting myself to Mass on Sunday is always a challenge. Dang…I need to work on myself!
Anyway, I share this with you all with no intention of trying to make you feel bad about yourself. (I hope that’s not what you feel.) I thought this was a good activity to help us reevaluate how we spend our time. I know some things are VERY necessary..like work and such. If someone asked what is most valuable to us, I’m sure the majority of us would quickly name our family, friends, and God. BUT, do the choices we make every day truly reflect what we hold dear?
Happy Wednesday everyone & happy reflecting! (If you do have time to do this activity, take a picture and send it to me! I’d love to see it!)
Today’s Unique Find is….
Meet my friend June
She is an aspiring photographer and a good friend of mine. We dance together in TVO and she is also one of the most creative persons I know. On my wedding day, she was amazingly generous and became my last minute “Wedding Coordinator for the day.” Amidst the panic and chaos of a backyard wedding, she pulled everything together calmly and it turned out better than I could’ve ever imagined. Check out pictures here. I couldn’t be more blessed with such an amazing friend.
Here are some of my faves:
So, as a special offer for all my readers, she is giving away a special discount for all the people I refer to her! That is… $50 off the original price! Check out her website for pricing. It’s a pretty amazing deal that I couldn’t wait to share with you all. With that in mind…if you or anyone you know is looking for a photographer for any event, family shoot, maternity shoot, wedding, etc. please feel free to contact her. I’m all about networking and supporting each other…shouldn’t we all be?