Today I..am on the road to the infamous city of SIN along with the hubs, sister, and sister’s bf. My crazy husband decided last minute to not stick with the original plan (quiet, steak dinner at our apt) and be spontaneous (once again). If I seem a little resentful, it’s only because it makes me feel better about the whole idea. Not that I’m against Vegas or anything, but I question how much fun I will have and how successful this trip will be this time around. Last New Year’s (or maybe it was the year before), we spent New Year’s in Vegas and fell asleep at 10pm in the hotel room and woke up to the fireworks outside of the window. What a story, right?!? Haha. We laugh about it now hoping this time around will be more successful. Nonetheless, we are SO grateful for my sister and her boyfriend for inviting us along for this adventure. After all, this might be the last, spontaneous adventure for awhile..which makes this trip a little more bittersweet. Well, hope you all have a fantastic New Year!!! Be safe. Don’t drink and drive.
1. Pregnancy is definitely an easier process with a supportive husband. Eddie has been really great about being patient with me throughout this whole process. I hope it stays that way until the end.
2. There was one day when we were dating that we said, “I can’t wait until the day when time doesn’t matter.” I think this week (with both of us off) we really got to experience a little taste of that. It’s been so nice just relaxing and doing nothing together.
3. Eddie makes the best homemade chicken noodle soup.
4. For New Year’s, I think this might be the first year where we both just stay in and have a nice quiet dinner at home. I’m kind of excited!
5. He doesn’t like to use soap bars that are really small (even though to me, there’s still some left.)
Okay so I’m not an expert AT ALL! It’s actually the first time I ever made sinigang! Haha. It’s this Filipino sour soup filled with veggies and pork/beef depending on what kind you like. My husband and I both grew up eating it. Did I mention that we were half Filipino? I really enjoyed it every time my mom would make it at home…it was a real treat! Anyway, here’s a simple recipe we used that turned out EXACTLY how we wanted. Reminded us of our childhood!
1. Maybe it’s the pregnancy, but I really don’t think she could have a full time job where she has to wake up at 6.
2. She absolutely has to be creative in everything she does. And she’s very good at it.
3. My wife is a great teacher. Her boss compliments her and tells her how great she is, while she tells all the other teachers how much they need to improve.
4. Her kids LOVE her. I went to a school function one night and all her kids run up to her and hug her as she’s walking in to the room.
5. She loves taking food from my plate. But it’s the way she does it. As she’s taking the food, she looks at me like she knows she’s doing something wrong, and then proceeds to take it…Like a cat. (see post 1)
I haven’t done one of these posts in awhile and I thought admist all the holiday cheer I should take some time to reflect. It’s important to really take time to refocus on what’s important during this Christmas season. I can tell you one thing…I’m so glad I’m off from work for two weeks! Woohoo! The joys of being a teacher!
Things that impacted me this week:
Time spent with my grandparents…
It really was nice to spend some time with my grandparents last week. They are the sweetest! My grandparents are from Vietnam. My grandma came to the states when she was about my age and she was pregnant with her 3rd child. My grandpa had to stay in Vietnam because he was in the war and couldn’t leave. So my grandma had to have her baby all by herself in the states until my Grandpa was able to come here. Their story is pretty inspiring to me. They’ve been through a lot.
New Advent Calendar I bought…
I’ve been wanting to buy one of these for a VERY long time and I finally did it! Better late than never, right ?!? Anyway.. I was at Goodwill browsing and found this wonderful treasure for only $15 bucks. I think it’s originally from Target..even better! It only needs a minor repair on day 23 so as soon as I find a handle, it’ll be PERFECT!
Things that distracted me this week:
So…it really is insane how LAX traffic is during the holidays. But, on a positive note, at least it’s worth it because we can see friends and family that we otherwise wouldn’t be able to see! So, just gotta tough it up!