So to keep up with my post calendar that I started, I decided to reflect on my life in these past few months. I think it is very important to just stop…take a moment…and just breathe!
On my last birthday, I made a list. It consisted of 25 things I hope to do before I turn 26. I haven’t been very good at accomplishing my goals thus far, which is really making me upset at myself. I really need to be more diligent and focused. I’m pretty sure there’s been a lot on my mind because I’m constantly thinking of what I need to do, what plans I need to make, what new goals I should have, etc. Usually I’m better at crossing things off lists. For example, whenever I go grocery shopping, I write everything down and cross things off as I find them in the store. At work, I write myself “To Do” lists and cross them off as assignments are completed. But, for some reason, I haven’t been able to accomplish nearly as much as I had hoped. I guess I have about 7 more months to keep trying…wish me luck!
Here’s my list:
25 Before 26:
1. Learn to bake at least 10 new things. (totally failing at this one)
2. Read at least 5 new books. (1 out of 5 so far)
3. Finally change my name on all my debit cards.
4. If no baby, get a full-time job!
5. Learn Photoshop. (I can get away with the basics)
6. Take a class with Eddie at local college.
7. Clean out boxes in parents’ house. (not even close)
8. Make an Advent calendar for the future.
9. Start a Blog.
10. Volunteer more.
11. Go to confession more.
12. Take a trip to San Francisco.
13. Visit Grandparents in Las Vegas.
14. Do something I’ve never done before.
15. Learn how to edit a short video clip.
16. Become a pescatarian. (I’m starting to think this will not happen this year. I like steak too much!)
17. Take a train somewhere.
18. Start dancing again (if no baby).
19. Paint something. (Do my nails count?)
20. Review Spanish and try to learn more.
21. Whine less.
Complain less. Worry less. Appreciate more. 22. Send letters to everyone in convent or discerning. 23. Drink more water.
24. Be healthy.
Eat healthy. Live healthy. (sometimes)
25. Be a good sister, daughter, & wife. (Still working on this)
Do you guys make lists? If so, what do you make them for?
I’d like to leave you with this quote that hits home for me today: